ITZ Plus Biberach GmbH
ITZ Plus Biberach GmbH as the operating company takes care of the regular operation of the Center for Innovation, Technology Transfer and Start-up "ITZ Plus". It was founded in August 2020 with headquarters in Biberach an der Riß. The managing director of the GmbH is Dipl.-Ing. Nikolaus Hertle.
The main task of the GmbH is innovation and transfer management between science, business and society as well as the provision of research and innovation infrastructures for (spin-off) start-ups, for the free economy as well as for scientific institutions such as universities, universities of applied sciences and other research institutes. In addition, the company organizes exhibitions, congresses and information events on specialist topics appropriate to the ITZ Plus.
Moreover, the operating company takes care of the further development of opportunities to drive innovations. The planned Transfer Center for Industrial Bioeconomy (TIB) is another building block in the strategic development of the Biberach region as a future-oriented innovation location that is respected beyond its borders and represents an expansion to other technologies and industries. ITZ Plus Biberach GmbH will also be responsible for operating the TIB.
ITZ Plus Biberach GmbH has three shareholders:
The city of Biberach holds the main business share of 90% and is thus the largest investor. The district of Biberach and the Ulm Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK) each hold a 5% stake.
Representatives at the shareholder's meeting are:
- Ralf Miller – First Mayor of the city of Biberach an der Riß
- Dr. Heiko Schmid – District Administrator of the district of Biberach an der Riß
- Petra Engstler-Karrasch – Managing Director of the Ulm Chamber of Industry and Commerce
In principle, ITZ Plus Biberach GmbH is not obliged to have a supervisory board. However, an optional supervisory board has been established in order to present the greatest possible transparency of the most important business transactions.
The Supervisory Board consists of 9 members:
- First Mayor Ralf Miller –Chairman of the Supervisory Board qua appointment/municipality of Biberach
- Dipl.-Ing. Nikolaus Hertle – Managing Director ITZ Plus Biberach GmbH
- Friedrich Kolesch – appointed by the municipal council of Biberach
- Dr. Rudolf Brüggemann – appointed by the municipal council of Biberach
- Steffi Etzinger – appointed by the municipal council of Biberach
- Günter Warth – appointed by the municipal council of Biberach
- Dr. Thomas Beckert – appointed by the plenary assembly of the Ulm Chamber of Industry and Commerce
- Prof. Dr. techn. Heike Frühwirth – appointed by the Biberach University of Applied Sciences
- Landrat Dr. Heiko Schmid – appointed by the District Council